The challenge: build on the BeNeLux success of our PSD2 offering to conquer Europe with an ‘Open Banking’ offering by setting the right roadmap and sending the right messages to the market
Do you love defining a new product or a new release and launching it on the market? Are you looking for a new role in a fresh and rejuvenating environment? Isabel Group, the first and largest Belgian Fintech, is looking for a Product & Marketing Manager for its ‘Open Banking’ solutions.
We have been very successful with our XS2A and Ponto services in the Benelux, and we want to build on that success. The XS2A and Ponto services have been developed by Ibanity which was acquired by Isabel in 2018, and these services are based on the European PSD2 (Payment Service Directive 2) regulation. Isabel Group has been the Belgian ‘Open Banking’ platform since 1995, and based on the ‘opening up’ of the market due to the PSD2 directive we now want to tackle the rest of Europe.
The challenge: build upon the success of our Benelux PSD2 offering to expand the portfolio and the geographical coverage towards a EU ‘Open Banking’ leadership position
As the Product & Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for defining the roadmap from a commercial and customer point of view as well as driving the product marketing. In this role, you will be setting the roadmap working closely together with the Product Owners as well as the development teams. Besides defining the product, you will also craft the marketing messages in cooperation with the central marketing team and determine the commercial offering and target countries/segments with the sales team.
Eager to join the hipster grandmother of all Belgian Fintechs and help us conquer Europe with our Open Banking solutions?
How to be successful in this role?
To thrive as the product manager of Confiban and to successfully interact with colleagues and customers alike, you will need to speak the right ‘language’ to convince and influence your counterparts. Essential skills to communicate with all stakeholders are
• Solid technical understanding of software development and product management of API based development and integration in an agile context, either through experience or a technical education
• You know how to listen to customers and distill their real needs, and translate those into product features and improvements so that the product owners can develop them
• You have a good understanding of ‘Open Banking’ or you have worked with large financial institutions or service providers before
• You are comfortable defining marketing messages and launching marketing campaigns. You have a strong advantage if you have a previous hands-on experience in product marketing
• English is a must, speaking Dutch and/or French is a big help.
Finally, a pragmatic and open mindset will help you to be happy and successful in this role at Isabel Group
• You are a results-oriented ‘intrapreneur’: you will be responsible for driving the success of your product, cooperating with, and coordinating the work of multiple colleagues from other teams
• You like cultural diversity and feel at ease with dealing with different company cultures: thanks to our acquisitions, we are a diverse company with a mix of a start-up culture and an established company and bank culture.
• ‘Getting things done’ spirit and a pragmatic approach to help us getting forward
Why Us?Isabel Group offers the best of both worlds: if you have always dreamt of joining a start-up or scale-up without the risks of a start-up, we are the company for you. We are a large (+350 FTE) and profitable company with a pedigree of more than 25 years, owned by the major banks of Belgium. At the same time, we are the largest Belgian Fintech, growing organically by investing in new technologies and products as well as through acquisitions of young Fintech companies.
• The opportunity to help establish Isabel as an innovative and leading Fintech
• A flexible compensation package, in line with the market and based on your experience
• Choose your own working hours
• Personal growth training and opportunities
• It takes about 42 steps from Brussels Central Station to our front door
• Great culture: we have a team of volunteers who make it their mission to spoil us with game nights, banana pie, weekly fruit baskets, massages, monthly breakfast and much (much) more.
• A refreshing work environment with professional, friendly, and welcoming colleagues