You are involved in all stages of the product lifecycle and are responsible for managing all aspects of the existing product line, identifying and translating needs into viable profitable products or services, using business requirements, setting-up and challenging business cases and defining the long term evolution of the product.
All this in close collaboration with the banks to finally come to a common product vision and roadmap.
You'll also act as our external representative in this domain (towards Febelfin, NBB, trade shows, banks etc).
Reports hierarchically to: Head of Banking Solutions Division
Direct Reports: Product Owners
Accountability 1: Product Strategy and Definition
Ensure a viable and sustainable product strategy is defined in close collaboration with the banks.
• Define and implement long term business vision & strategic plan for current and new product(s), in alignment and agreement with the shareholder’s banks
• Define and implement the strategic product roadmap and priorities
• Manage the product life cycle from A to Z
• Discover and validate market problems/requirements and opportunities (both existing & future customers)
• Conduct business-level verification and market testing of new features
• Determine buy/build/partner decisions
Accountability 2: People management
Ensure that product team members are supported and managed in a way that facilitates their ability to meet the division’s strategic vision and demands.
• Structure and organize the Product management team to deliver the Product strategy
• Ensure the team members skills and capabilities facilitate their ability to perform their tasks effectively
• Set objectives for the Product Management team, considering the Product Strategy & roadmap
• Create and manage the overall Product Management process for Isabel6 product team
• Foster, drive and promote innovation within the product management team
Accountability 3: Budget management
Ensure that budgets are managed and kept under strict control. Ensure the viability of newly proposed products is forecast in monetary terms to establish accurate return on investment projections.
• Create, maintain and follow-up the product development budget, including pricing
• Elaborate business cases of conceptual products from a monetary persective
• Conduct win/loss analysis
• Analyse product profitability
• Ensure any external (other party) budgetary requirements are understood and forecast in due time
Accountability 4: Ensure commercial readiness
Ensure that the commercial objectives are set and the right initiatives (like campaigns and sales activities) are taken in order to ensure these objectives are reached.
• Define target markets, Product differentiation, packaging, pricing, promos, offering.
• Describe benefits as input for other teams (customer service, communication, sales and marketing team)
• Align with Marketing team on campaigns, define campaign objectives
• Position the product in the market
• Approve final go-to-market plan
- Master degree (MBA or other Master's preferred) or equivalent through experience with a very strong proven affinity for the IT and the financial sector
- Experience as a Product Manager for a service company (B2B and/or B2C)
- Experience with agile product processes, MVP’s and monthly product release cycles
- Experience in the financial - payment sector is an absolute advantage
- Passion for web-based software products
- Language skills: English/Dutch/French, other languages are an asset
Company profileIsabel Group is a large (+350 FTE) and profitable company with a pedigree of more than 25 years, owned by the major banks of Belgium. At the same time, we are the largest Belgian Fintech, growing organically by investing in new technologies and products as well as through acquisitions of young Fintech companies.
Flex Income Plan
Hybrid remote work
Personal development plan
IsaFun surprises (also at home!)
AND a bunch of wonderful colleagues