What you’ll be doing & where
Where are you?
Welcome to your future team. As Senior Site Reliability Engineer (employee or contractor) you will become an indispensable link in our SRE-Team headed by Christof Bockstaele.
What you’ll be doing
As Senior SRE you create a bridge between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to system and application administration topics. You will implement, maintain and support CI/CD tools and pipelines across our operational environments (dev, non-prod and prod) in close collaboration and together with the different feature teams.
You ensure that the service is automated and with proper follow-up implemented. To achieve this, you need to combine application development with application administration skills. You add and follow-up the non-functional and reliability requirements in the backlog of each feature or product team.
It is essential that you have an in depth comprehension of the operational reality. This is why approximately half of your time will be spend on making sure the operational service is guaranteed. The other half of your time you will spend in making the service more resilient and in automating ‘the hell’ out of everything.
When implementing new products and technologies, you will provide your objective evaluation and substantiate your arguments for supporting the new product or technology and this in close collaboration with the product development and our internal security risk team. This to achieve a financial industry grade secured solution.
You lead in defining standards and methodologies around DevOps and Site reliability engineering. You will act as a thought leader and bring on new approaches and ways of working in close collaboration with the product development, internal security and SRE team. You coordinate initiatives within the scope of IT-Operations and report on progress on those to the coordination and run team and senior management and understand the mechanism of outcome based roadmaps.
This is how you appear in our dreams
• You have previous min 5y experience with application development or operations.
• You have code writing skills. This specifically is around pipeline and automation code.
• You can interact on a technical level with developers, SREs and infrastructure administrators.
• You have a technology leader mindset and are always looking to improve the products/ processes and anticipate the upcoming features and tools keeping in mind the existing set.
• You have real working experience with public cloud computing solutions like IBM Cloud GoogleCloud, AWS, Azure and/or on-premise solutions based on OpenShift.
• You know concepts like Service Discovery & Service Meshing.
• You have a real DevOps, SRE mindset.
• You have expertise and are passionate about containerization technologies running on OpenShift/Kubernetes (docker, Terraform, Ansible, AWX, Helm, Jenkins, vault, argocd).
• You have a strong security mindset and focus, the solutions you propose have security built-in from the start and at financial industry grade.
• You should have knowledge of CI/CD principles and working experience in setting up pipelines and automatic application deployment.
• Good knowledge of infrastructure, meaning, networking (routing, load balancing, firewall), storage (NAS, SAN), virtualization (Vmware).
• You take the initiative to challenge the status quo if it improves the quality of the overall product.
• You can coordinate initiatives end-2-end and report status and progress to senior management and understand the mechanism of outcome-based roadmaps.
• You are at least fluent in English (EU C1).
What kind of company would you be joining?
Our ultimate goal is to set our customers up for success. They count on us to exchange and process documents, payments and identities in a secure way.
You will like our ambition. Isabel Group is a renowned company, counting more than 25 years of fruitful experience and +350 dedicated people. We are Belgium’s biggest fintech player, delivering software services to more than 2000 European banks, 90.000 companies, more than 3600 accountancy offices and 3.9 million people. And we keep growing.
Our constant focus on innovation is fueled by our passion. Keeping it simple results in delighted customers and our co-workers are offered a safe space to speak their mind and challenge the status quo.
You absolutely deserve this• Flex Income Plan: you have a say in your salary package; you choose the benefits that suit you best
• Laptop, phone and subscription, group and health insurance, meal vouchers
• An annual corporate bonus
• By bus, electric car or bike; we fix the right compensation
• We’d love to see you at least one day in the office. You don’t want to miss fresh fruit and chair massages, do you? That – and more – is our IsaFun!
• We invest in your personal growth by training and coaching
• You work with experienced (fin)tech leaders and solid software tools
• A certified Top Employer bringing together hundreds of driven colleagues