What you’ll be doing & where
Where are you?
As VP Open Banking you will be a member of Isabel Group's Executive Team and will report directly to our CEO, Kris De Ryck.
What you’ll be doing
As VP Open Banking you will take the lead of our Open Banking Division, meaning E2E responsibility for P&L, product strategy, product development, build & run and go-to-market. Your goal is to position this business standalone in the market but also to actively seek for opportunities to strengthen our Banking Solutions portfolio (and vice versa).
Key Result Areas
- Assume the daily management of our Open banking activities in all its aspects meaning from a “product development” perspective (product strategy, product mix, …), over “build & operate” to “go-to-market” (customer satisfaction, marketing & sales, profitability).
- Play a determining role in the design and the development of open banking products within the global strategy of the company with a particular attention for cross-fertilization with our banking solutions portfolio. Keep a close eye on the market evolution and the competition in order to keep our Open Banking product offering best-in-class.
- Put in place and manage a performant DevOps organization capable to design, build & run our Open Banking service portfolio according to the prevailing market standards.
- Ensure the quality of our services (APIs, …) to maximize the product value for our customers and partners.
- Develop and nurture a commercial network within our business eco-system consisting of financial institutions, corporates, software vendors and any other relevant business relationships.
- Achieve commercial objectives according to budget by putting in place a successful go-to-market strategy and running an effective sales organization (multichannel, direct & indirect, …).
- Establish and maintain productive peer-to-peer relationships with regulators, internal stakeholders, customers and partners.
- Be accountable for the compliancy with open banking regulations (i.e., PSDII and PSDIII) and for the relationship with the regulator in casu NBB.
- Provide leadership to the open banking team, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, and ethical behavior.
- Motivate the team to continuously optimize and develop their skills, attitudes and know-how.
- Lead open banking organization change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organizational change, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding the team’s work.
- Proven start-up experience.
- Previous experience with teams developing, maintaining, supporting and selling APIs.
- Proven experience in product development in a banking environment (in terms of regulation, security, …).
- Clear and proven understanding of PSD2, PSD3, PSR and FIDA.
- Proven experience in steering development teams (past software engineering experience is a plus).
- Proven experience in selling products to banks and corporates.
- Proven experience with onboarding of partners.
- Team player who is putting the long-term client relationship above quick sales/wins.
- Must have very good written and oral English communication skills to drive an international team.
What kind of company would you be joining?
Our ultimate goal is to set our customers up for success. They count on us to exchange and process documents, payments and identities in a secure way.
You will like our ambition. Isabel Group is a renowned company, counting more than 25 years of fruitful experience and +350 dedicated people. We are Belgium’s biggest fintech player, delivering software services to more than 2000 European banks, 90.000 companies, more than 3600 accountancy offices and 3.9 million people. And we keep growing.
Our constant focus on innovation is fueled by our passion. Keeping it simple results in delighted customers and our co-workers are offered a safe space to speak their mind and challenge the status quo.
You absolutely deserve this• Flex Income Plan: you have a say in your salary package; you choose the benefits that suit you best
• Laptop, phone and subscription, group and health insurance, meal vouchers
• An annual corporate bonus
• By bus, electric car or bike; we fix the right compensation
• We’d love to see you at least one day in the office. You don’t want to miss fresh fruit and chair massages, do you? That – and more - is our IsaFun!
• We invest in your personal growth by training and coaching
• You work with experienced (fin)tech leaders and solid software tools
• A certified Top Employer bringing together hundreds of driven colleagues